Marine Learning Alliance is a distance learning company specialising in degree education in Hydrography for Professionals, Sustainable Maritime Operations and meteorology/oceanography.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST) that has spun out of Plymouth University. Marine Learning Alliance is the parent company of The Hydrographic Academy.
Our aim is to support the delivery of world-class education and bespoke training modules in marine related subjects, particularly hydrography. Each student has a personal academic tutor.
Our Total learning Platform is a proven, successful and flexible way of bringing the UK’s leading maritime university to the workplace. Designed specifically to meet the needs of marine industry employers and individuals, we offer a unique way to study on a part-time basis whilst on-board ship, in the office, or at home.
Through this application students can reach the full suite of learning materials including videos, tutorials, assessments, transcripts and on-line library.
This app allows Marine Learning Alliance students to access and download their teaching and learning materials ensuring they can complete their studies anywhere in the World.
We won a Times Higher Education award in 2014 for Outstanding Employer Engagement for our work with Fugro, the offshore services multinational company.
- MSc Masters Degree in Sustainable Maritime Operations, accredited by Plymouth University. A postgraduate professional qualification to enable career progression with an academic background including management, operations, science, engineering and renewable energy. Duration 24 Months part-time £10,740
- BSc Bachelors (Honours) Degree in Sustainable Maritime Operations, accredited by Plymouth University. a degree course allowing those with a diploma or foundation degree to ‘top-up' to a full Bachelors degree in a subject relevant to the maritime and shipping industry. Duration 18 months part-time £8,100
- Post-graduate Diploma in Advanced Hydrography for Professionals, accredited by Plymouth University. A complete course equipping a student to work professionally at sea as a Hydrographer including practical sessions of 6 weeks. Duration 24 months part-time £15,540
- Higher Education Diploma in Hydrography for Professionals, accredited by Plymouth University. An undergraduate level degree course to equip the student with the foundation skills of a professional hydrographer. Duration 36 months part-time £17,640
- Meteorology/Oceanography Awareness Course, recognised by the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology. A short e-learning course of about 30 hours resulting a formal completion certificate. £250.
Most Popular Programmes
Our two Masters courses are the most popular as they are aimed at professional people who can't take time out of their busy professional lives to study at University for a year but still want a postgraduate qualification to enable their career to progress to the next level. Our technology allows students to study anywhere in the world and still gain a highly respected Plymouth University qualification.
Most Unique Programmes
All of our programmes are delivered by distance learning using the latest education technology including app-based delivery. This allows the student to study from anywhere in the world but still receive a full Plymouth University degree award.
Full details for applications and admissions are available here.
Due to the unique nature of distance learning, applications are welcomed at any time of the year and courses start regularly throughout the year.
205 Plymouth Science Park, 1 Davy Road, Plymouth PL68BX
Tel: (44) 1752 764864
Enquiries/Admissions: [email protected]
YouTube: Marine Learning Alliance with Plymouth University
LinkedIn: MLA College
Want to be listed on our website? Head over to this page to submit your info online!
Originally posted on May 6, 2020 @ 10:00 am