Is your child planning to apply for a scholarship? Here are some quick tips to get you started.
- Pay close attention to scholarship deadlines.
- Apply to as many scholarships as possible, but read the eligibility requirements carefully. You do not want to waste time applying for scholarships for which you do not qualify.
- Don’t dismiss a scholarship because it has a low award amount. A few small scholarships can add up.
- Make sure you submit a professional-looking application. Always check for grammar and typos.
- Do some research on the organisation offering the scholarship. Try to highlight how you are a good fit for the award.
- Many scholarship applications require you to write an essay to explain why you should receive the award. You should refer back to your personal statement from your college applications to get started.
A big fan of MOOC, I am intrigued by how technology has transformed education and makes learning fun again.