The SNCF Co-op Scholarship attracts, develops and nurtures suitable talents to enter the ranks of the co-operative movement in Singapore. Co-operatives are regulated social enterprises which operate viable businesses to meet the economic, social and cultural needs of its members. The successful scholars will thus have to understand and embrace the principles and mission of co-operatives to contribute to society.
Value of Award
The SNCF Scholarship supports the scholar’s undergraduate study at any local university, capped at four years. It covers full tuition fees and a maintenance allowance of S$3,500 per academic year. In addition, the recipient is entitled to a hostel accommodation allowance up to S$3,500 per academic year and a maximum computer grant of S$3,000.
Preferred disciplines of study offered in a local university which includes Accountancy, Business Management, Economics, Information Technology, Mass Communications/Communications & New Media, and Statistics.
- Singapore citizen or permanent resident
- Has excellent academic results (i.e. GCE ‘O’ Levels, ‘A’ Levels, International Baccalaureate or Polytechnic Diploma)
- Undergraduate (with at least 2 more years to course completion) with outstanding academic results
- Only for full-time first degree course at any local university
Upon graduation, the Scholar is to be bonded to Singapore National Co-operative Federation (SNCF) for a period of up to four years and may be deployed to work in co-operatives and related sectors.
Duration of the bond will be offset upon completion of the internship programme during the course of study:
- Fulfilment of all 3 years internship = Bond offset of 1 year
- Fulfilment of 2 years internship = Bond offset of 6 months
Singapore National Co-operative Federation (SNCF)
510 Thomson Road
#12-02 SLF Building
Tel: (65) 6602 0747
Email: [email protected]