With the support of several universities, the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) is offering the Singapore International Graduate Award for international students. SINGA Awards are given every year to top students from all over the world.
This unique grant will help you take your research to greater heights as well as prepare you for an academic or industry career. Through SINGA, you will be working in a multi-cultural environment with sophisticated and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
International students with a passion for science and engineering research, excellent academic qualifications, good reports from academic referees, and fluency in English are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are accepted from any country around the world.
- The award will be given for research in Biomedical Sciences and Physical Science and Engineering.
- Applicants must have good skills in written and spoken English and have good reports from academic referees.
Value of Award
The award provides financial support for up to 4 years of PhD studies. It includes:
- Full support of tuition fees
- Stipends – S$2,000 per month (S$24,000 per annum), to be increased to S$2,500 per month (S$30,000 per annum) after passing Qualifying Examinations
- One-time S$1,000 settling-in allowance
- One-time airfare grant of S$1,500
The mode of application is online. To apply, you must sign up via this link.
You will need to submit the following supporting documents:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees)
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results.
Before applying for the award you will need to contact the supporting university to ensure that you meet the admission requirements.
Submission deadline for August 2020 intake: 1 December 2019
Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
1 Fusionopolis Way, #20-10 Connexis North Tower, Singapore 138632
Tel: (65) 6826 6111
Email: [email protected]