Students from Southeast Asia are invited to apply for Guizhou Government Scholarships funded by Guizhou Government and managed by Guizhou Provincial Department of Education (GPDE). These scholarships are available for students to pursue doctoral programmes, master’s programmes, undergraduate programmes, vocational education programmes and general scholar programmes.
The Guizhou Government Scholarships support four programmes: Guizhou Universities Programme, Laos-Guizhou Scholarship, Guizhou Government Scholarship for Southeast Asia 2017 and Guizhou China-ASEAN Maritime Silk Road Scholarship.
A total 1,028 scholarships will be awarded:
- Doctoral Scholarships: 21
- Master Scholarships: 115
- Bachelor Scholarships: 439
- Vocational education programmes: 220
- General scholar programmes: 233
The scholarships can be taken in China.
Value of award
The full scholarships cover the tuition fees, on-campus dormitory accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance and protection scheme, etc.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to apply for the scholarships:
- The applicant must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, holds a foreign passport, be in good health and friendly to China, abides by Chinese laws and regulations, and obeys school rules and regulations. In addition, excellent academic performance and above standard quality are expected from the applicant.
- The applicant must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 45 when applying for doctoral programmes and has excellent academic performance.
- The applicant must be a bachelor degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programmes and has excellent academic performance.
- The applicant must be senior high school graduate under the age of 30 when applying for undergraduate or associate degrees and has excellent academic performance.
- General Scholar programmes include Chinese language programmes and visiting scholar programmes. The applicant shall be under the age of 50 and will study in Guizhou for more than one year. For Chinese language learners, senior high school and above education background is required; for visiting scholars, the applicant must be at least a university graduate or enrolled university sophomore or higher, and will study in related fields of study.
- Language proficiency level is subject to receiving universities. English-instructing majors might lower entry requirements on the Chinese language.
- Applicants who are already sponsored by Chinese Government Scholarships will not be eligible for Guizhou Government Scholarship.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online.
- Passport photocopy
- Highest degree, diploma, certificates photocopy
- Academic transcripts photocopy
- Physical examination certificate photocopy
- Applicants of Doctoral Programmes, Master’s Programmes or Visiting Scholar Programmes should submit 2 recommendation letters from professors or associate professors
- Study Plan (no less than 400 words) or Research Plan (no less than 800 words) must be submitted for Doctoral or Master’s degree programme applicants
- Applicants under the age of 18 must submit the valid documents photocopy of their legal guardians in China
- Applicants under intercollegiate exchange programme should enclose the agreement copy
- Applicants with HSK Certificate should enclose its photocopy in the application package
Note: Application documents will not be returned once submitted. Documents in the language other than Chinese or English must be attached with translation in Chinese or English.
920 Mom Luang Pin Malakul Centenary Building
Sukhumvit Rd., Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2391-0144
Fax: +66 (0) 2381-2587
Email: [email protected]