COVID-19: Tackling the Novel Coronavirus looks at how COVID-19 emerged, was identified and spreads; the public health measures for the virus worldwide, and what is needed to address COVID-19 and prevent it spreading.
With over 500,000 deaths from the virus globally and warnings it could spread to as much as 60 percent of the world's population, governments are scrambling to respond, while citizens are wondering how worried they should be.
Developed by London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, this course would be of interest to healthcare professionals looking to learn the latest information on COVID-19, including details on how it spreads, how infectious it is, how people should be screened and quarantined, and when it should be considered a public health emergency.
It would also be valuable for members of the public who are concerned about the virus and want to separate fact from fiction.
3 weeks, about 4 hours of study per week
Note: Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
In this course, you’ll identify what we know so far about the disease outbreak. You’ll learn what exactly the virus is, how we think it spreads, how we should respond to it in the present, and what its implications are for the future.
- How COVID-19 emerged and was identified
- How COVID-19 spreads
- Public health measures for COVID-19 worldwide
- What is needed to address COVID-19 going forward
How to Enroll
You can join for FREE and get access to the course for five weeks. If you upgrade, you will get:
- Access to this course for as long as it’s on FutureLearn
- A print and digital Certificate of Achievement once you’re eligible
If you join and buy the Unlimited plan, you will get:
- Access to this course, and hundreds of other FutureLearn short courses and tests for a year
- A printable digital Certificate of Achievement on all short courses once you’re eligible
- The freedom to keep access to any course you've achieved a digital Certificate of Achievement on, for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn
- The flexibility to complete your choice of short courses in your own time within the year
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.