If you are planning to study abroad or move to another country to work or live, you may be asked to prove your English language ability with the IELTS test.
The four courses in this ExpertTrack from the British Council give you all the information and practice you need to approach all four parts of IELTS with confidence that you can achieve the band score you need.
While the focus is on IELTS Academic in preparation for study, the tips, advice and strategy will also be very helpful for those preparing for the General Training test.
Approximately 12 weeks, 3 hours per week
In each of the four courses you’ll find:
- a description of each part of the test and what you have to do to achieve a good band score
- the assessment criteria that tell you what your examiner is looking for
exam techniques to help you tackle all types of test questions
- tips and strategies for successful test preparation and for improving your English ability
- practice tests to help you know what to expect on test day
Course 1 – Understanding IELTS: Reading
Prepare for the IELTS Reading test and improve your English reading skills with this British Council IELTS preparation course.
Course 2 – Understanding IELTS: Writing
Find out what you need to know about the IELTS Writing test and learn techniques and strategies to improve your test performance.
Course 3 – Understanding IELTS: Listening
Find out what you need to know about the IELTS Listening test and learn techniques to improve your test performance.
Course 4 -Understanding IELTS: Speaking
Prepare for the IELTS Speaking test and improve your English speaking skills with this British Council IELTS preparation course.
Each course looks at common problems language learners have with that language skill:
- techniques like skimming and scanning to improve your test reading speed
- reading about unfamiliar topics in English
- improving your vocabulary and dealing with unknown words
- coping with time pressure
- understanding and describing charts and data
- writing about trends
- planning an essay
- the grammar and vocabulary you need
- listening test techniques
- widening your listening range
- staying focused when you listen
- listening to conversations in English
- how to give full and fluent answers to the examiner’s questions
- how to improve your confidence when speaking English
- planning a short talk in English
- finding enough to say
- improving your pronunciation
- the grammar you need for the test
Each ExpertTrack comes with a 7-day free trial period. You may cancel your subscription at any time and your subscription will automatically cancel when you finish the courses and assessments in your chosen ExpertTrack.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.